Thursday, December 10, 2009

La vie continue

Ok a rapid-fire run-down of some things that have been going on lately:

1. Went to the outdoor Christmas markets along the Champs Elysees last weekend....it was lovely! White booths line the avenue and they sell everything you can imagine--food, tea, jewelry, handmade scrapbooks, ornaments, and all sorts of knick knacks. I walked up and down it twice with Emily and Michelle and bought some gifts for the holiday :) There was also a ton of vin chaud (hot wine) which smelled almost too good to resist. Alas, I did, and went for the chocolate-covered bananas instead. Mmm!

2. I've been working on my 15-page paper allllll the time lately. I go to IFE in the morning for my internship and still wind up staying there all day to work on it. It's due Wednesday and since I'm not going to be around this weekend, it has to get done SOON. I don't think I'll have a problem getting it done, I just might have to commit a late night or two.

3. Monday night I went out to dinner with a bunch of friends from my class, which was so nice! We went to Louise's, which is the place my friend Megan discovered and told me about (I had already been there twice). It was Megan, her boyfriend, Luci, her cousin and brother, Max, and myself. I had the lasagna like I had the first time and it was delicious! I had wanted to go home and work on my paper--this should really come before "2."--but I was persuaded to go out to Stolly's, the bar where my friend Vanessa works. I'd been there before too. I'm glad I went! It was really nice and not as crowded this time as it was last time, probably because it was a Monday night and not a Friday night, haha. It was great to see Vanessa again too, because it will probably be the last time. :-/ I had a White Russian (3rd in a week---what!) and I inspired others to get it too. So, ha! Not just an old man/Big Lebowski drink. :)

well I guess that's all I really have....The past week has not been the MOST adventurous. Did I mention I took my final last weekend? Parts of it were kind of hard, but I get the results today, for better or for worse. We'll see.....! Off to Dublin tomorrow with Michelle and couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment